Thursday 2 January 2020

End of year notes from Oyvind

So I just realized today that it’s not only a new year we are entering into…

We’re entering into a new decade!

I’ve been teaching electronics for about ten years now.

And it’s been a crazy ride:

From teaching a small group of students as a teaching assistant at the University – to reaching millions of people through my books, articles, videos, newsletter, workshops and online courses.

​In 2019 I focused on reinventing Ohmify.

It used to be a collection of courses.

But the thing is that you don’t learn to build your own projects with electronics by watching some videos for a week.

You need to build several projects. You need to fail. You need to learn more. Fail more. Ask for help. Then succeed. Then try something harder.

And you never “finish”.

It’s like learning to draw. Or to play the guitar. You might learn to play a song in a day. But there’s always more to learn. You can always get better. You can always learn new songs, new techniques.

​So I reinvented Ohmify to support you do this.

I developed more learning material. And I experienced with different formats:

Like weekly online workshops that I developed week-by-week. And draft lessons I published after the first draft to get feedback and questions.

All based on what you were asking for.

​But the biggest change I did was to set up a community forum…

Everyone needs to learn the same fundamentals to get a basic understanding of electronics. But after that, there are hundreds of paths to take!

Maybe you have a specific goal of lighting up some LEDs with a remote-control?

Maybe you want to custom-fit electromotors on your child’s Brio train to make it remote-controlled?

Or maybe you’re more interested in learning all the ins and outs of sensors to create your own custom weather station?

In the forum, everyone can get individual help with their own unique path.

​And not just from me.

It’s the members that really make up the community.

As we’re entering a new decade, I have no idea what the next ten years have in store for me…

But I’ll continue to develop Ohmify and help our members.

Probably launch a few crazy projects along the way.

And welcome whatever else the universe has in store for me.

Happy New Year to you!

Keep On Soldering!

Oyvind @ build-electronic-circuits.com

Copyright Build Electronic Circuits

No comments:

Post a Comment

2D all-organic perovskites: potential use in 2D electronics

Perovskites are among the most researched topics in materials science. Recently, a research team has solved an age-old challenge to synthesi...