Tuesday, 6 February 2018
Light switch: Porous polymer films with shape memory
Whether for separation processes, photovoltaics, catalysis, or electronics, porous polymer membranes are needed in many fields. Membranes with micropores that switch between different shapes and/or sizes would expand the possibilities. Scientists have now introduced a process that produces porous films made from shape memory polymers with precise dimensions. The shape and size of the pores can be reversibly changed with light. No mechanical deformation is needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Researchers develop recyclable, healable electronics
Electronics often get thrown away after use because recycling them requires extensive work for little payoff. Researchers have now found a w...
-
CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) The main advantage of CMOS over NMOS and BIPOLAR technology is the much smaller power dis...
-
Bluetooth Controlled Electronic Home Appliances is a simple project, where we can control different electrical appliances and electronic de...
-
I was first introduced to logic gates when I was around 14 years old. I had heard that computers consisted of ones and zeroes. But I didn’t...
No comments:
Post a Comment